Saturday 16 May 2015

Food Revolution Day and other awesome antics.




Food Revolution Day:

This week for inquiry we have been looking at food. What is good food? What is bad food? Why is it good or bad?

We started off by brainstorming our ideas on what is good food and bad food. Take a look. 


Henry: We are cutting out the good food. I have found an Apple. 
Jennifer: I am gluing some vegetables to put on our brainstorm. 

Jesse: We are finding all the bad food. I found some Red Bull. That is not healthy. 


Ankush: We are looking for good food. I have found Mangos and Bread to glue on. 

COOKING WITH JAMIE OLIVER:

On Friday it was Food Revolution Day. This is a day that was organised by Jamie Oliver to help students find new ways to make healthy food. We are about to make a SQUASHED UP SANDWHICH! Yum. Take a look at what we did...



Joe Ken: We are watching Jamie Oliver talk to us about Vegetables. 
Dustin: He is showing us how to cut up the food. 


We are waiting for the creating to begin. 

Caleb: I bought a chopping board, spoon and knife from home. 
Jester: I bought my rolling pin to smash the food up. 

Jennifer, Makalita, Jorja, Joelina, Lester, Aashine: We are waiting for our food. 

Armani: I bought a green chopping board to cut thing on. 
Dustin: I am hungry :-)

Henry, Sincear, Orlando, Theo, Jesse, Ankush, Xavier, Tui: We are getting excited to try the smashed up sandwich. 

Diego: I have Cauliflower, Cucumber, Carrots and Yellow Capsicum on my chopping board. 



Sincear: I have never tried raddish before. It looks like a small apple. 

Tui: I am about to smash my sandwich. 

Tui: I have covered my food so I can hit it. 

Here is our dressing and some of the other ingredients. 


Liz is showing us what it all looks like after we smashed our veggies up and put the dressing onto it.

Orlando: I have hummus on my bread. 

Orlando: I am spreading it. 

Armani: I have got cheese on top of my hummus. 

Joe Ken: I have put my smashed Vegges on my bread. 

Aashine: This is the sprouts we put on to make it yummy. 



Here is the end result. YUMMY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment