Thursday 5 March 2015

What have we been up this week?



Our week 5 blog:

We have had a busy week of learning this week. Here is what we have been doing:

Maths:
This week we have been learning to identify teen numbers. We used our fingers to help us with tens and one. We worked very hard and made our own teen number displays. 

Caleb: We were given a number and we had to colour in squares to match the number. 
Aeshvin: We learnt how many ones we have to add to 10 to make a teen number. 

Sincear: I got the number 11. That has 1 lot of ten and 1 one. 10+1=11
Orlando: I made 15 with 10 squares in the tens and 5 squares in the ones. 10+5=15



Reading:
We have been practicing our reading as much as we can. We have all done really well and are making good progress.

Here are some pictures of us buddy reading together:




Inquiry:

We have been talking about conflict. We shared with each other the times we have been in a conflict. We talked about the different ways we can get through a conflict and some steps we could use at school. 

1. Say "Stop it. I don;t like it"
2. Walk away.
3. Ignore them. 
4. Find a teacher or an adult. 

We made a mobile to display our steps in class. 


Xavier: Sometimes me and my brother won't share. 
Jesse: I don't like it when my sister won't let me play in her. 

Diego: We need to be nice and helpful in our classroom. 
Caleb: I am going to use my words. 










Come in our classroom any time if you would like to have a look at all our work. 

Until next week. This is Room 23. Over and out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment